The Director of the cemetery or his delegate
Hope Cemetery (4660 Bank Street, Ottawa) is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant, Receptionist.
The Administrative assistant, Receptionist is responsible for welcoming families, answering, and directing phone calls, and various administrative tasks.
· Greet clients and families who come to the cemetery
· Answer and direct phone calls
· Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
· Coordinate cemetery services with the maintenance team
· Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
· Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
· Write letters and emails on behalf of the director
· Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
· Reply to email, telephone, or face-to-face inquiries
Requirements and skills desired
· High School diploma
· College diploma in office administration or office technology would be an asset
· Experience in customer service or in a similar position
· Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
· Diplomacy and tact
· Ability to work with the public
· Ability to demonstrate great compassion and dignity
· Ability to work alone and in a team
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in both official languages (English and French)
· Ability to manage multiple files at once and meet deadlines, while delivering quality results
· Recognized for his/her rigor, integrity, confidentiality and autonomy
· Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite
· Knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church would be an asset.
· Temporary (May-October 2023) full-time – 37.5 hours per week.
· 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday (including thirty (30) minute unpaid lunch break)
Base salary: $20.40 per hour
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with your name and position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 12, 2022
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, applicants should make any accommodation needs known at that time.