This position is open to current and prospective CCO staff members as it is an operational need.
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR PROSPECTIVE HIRES:
- Please provide 3 references in your application (include their phone number and email).
- One must be a CCO Missionary. If you are not familiar with any, please provide a character reference.
- Two must be employment references. If you are unable to provide two, one can be someone who can authoritatively attest to your work ethic.
- Please read through the following documents:
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR CURRENT CCO STAFF MEMBERS:
To send your application, please follow the instructions written on the HR wiki under the “Internal Hiring” section.
WHY DOES THIS POSITION EXIST IN CCO?
Catholic Christian Outreach is a young and dynamic Catholic movement dedicated to fulfilling the Church’s mission of evangelization on university campuses. The Finance and Properties Department plays a key role in establishing a strong foundation to support the fulfillment of this mission. The Director of Finance and Properties serves to ensure our fiscal responsibilities are upheld and aligned to serve the heart of our mission with integrity, professionalism, and excellence.
WHAT DOES THIS POSITION DO FOR CCO?
- Leads the financial and data security of CCO
- Lead CCO’s Cost Allocation model
- Develop & oversee IT strategy, including both operational & security evolutions
- In collaboration with other teams, Lead items related to Intellectual Property (Trademarks, Copyrights)
- Oversee & be a resource for various Contracts, in collaboration with other teams
- Lead Operational & tactical department evaluation & planning
- Lead the national budget process
- Ensure preparation & analysis of regular & ad hoc financial statements
- Ensures strong internal controls are in place
- Oversees period-end procedures, including our annual external Audit
- Strengthens processes and systems for greater efficiencies
- Performs investigations, reconciliations & internal audits as needed
- Communicate with external stakeholders (donors, vendors, clients, employees, etc) via phone, email, mail or personally
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We’re looking for people who have:
- For external applicants, CPA designation (or equivalent) is required
- Significant knowledge of CCO required
- Prior work experience in accounting or finance required
- Previous senior leadership experience is an asset
- Data management & security experience an asset
- Experience in Strategic, Operational, and Tactical planning and prioritization
- Strong self-organization and inflow management skills required
- Requires proven experience in leading and working with people
- Strong problem-analysis and problem-solving skills required
- Successful working in teamwork and collaboration
- Strong Communication skills
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Apps
- See the Interim Director of Finance & Properties job description
RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL: 5
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Properties
REPORTS TO: VP Administration
CATEGORY: Mission STPD Funded Staff; the potential of National funding for external applicants.
LOCATION: CCO National Headquarters in Ottawa
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal Office Conditions
POSITION START DATE: Immediate
SUPPORT TEAM & PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT (STPD)
All CCO staff have the unique opportunity and privilege to rely on God’s providence. The successful candidate will develop their own team of financial and prayer supporters who contribute directly to the funds for their salary. For more information on STPD, please see our STPD FAQ at http://careers.cco.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Catholic Christian Outreach welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information on this or other employment opportunities with CCO, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 736-1999.