This position is open to current and prospective CCO staff members as it is an operational need.
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR PROSPECTIVE HIRES:
- Please provide 3 references in your application (include their phone number and email).
- One must be a CCO Missionary. If you are not familiar with any, please provide a character reference.
- Two must be employment references. If you are unable to provide two, one can be someone who can authoritatively attest to your work ethic.
- Please read through the following documents:
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR CURRENT CCO STAFF MEMBERS:
To send your application, please follow the instructions written on the HR wiki under the “Internal Hiring” section.
WHY DOES THIS POSITION EXIST IN CCO?
Catholic Christian Outreach is a young and dynamic Catholic movement dedicated to fulfilling the Church’s mission of evangelization on university campuses. The Finance Department plays a key role in establishing a strong foundation to support the fulfillment of this mission. The Donations Specialist serves to give an excellent administrative experience for our donors who are the backbone of making our mission possible.
WHAT DOES THIS POSITION DO FOR CCO?
- Assists in management of donor records and donor relations
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of all donations
- Assists in the execution the issue of tax receipts in compliance with CRA regulation
- Maintains & develops strong internal controls in keeping database clean
- Performs period end procedures
- Performs account investigations and reconciliations
- Strengthens processes, systems and efficiencies
- Communicates with donors and employees via phone, email, mail or personally
- See job description
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We’re looking for people who:
- Pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Take initiative and have excellent teamwork skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Have excellent communication skills
- Prior work experience in donor management an asset
- Bachelor degree in commerce or related field recommended
- Knowledge of general accounting principles recommended
- Knowledge of CCO an asset
- Have knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Are proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
- Are proficient in data entry and management
- Have a keen ability to organize and prioritize
RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL: 3
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time (20-34 hrs) or Full-time
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Properties
REPORTS TO: Finance Team Leader
LOCATION: CCO National Headquarters in Ottawa
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal Office Conditions
POSITION START DATE: Immediately
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Catholic Christian Outreach welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information on this or other employment opportunities with CCO, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 736-1999.