The Director of the cemetery or his delegate
Notre-Dame (455 Montréal Rd, Ottawa, ON K1K 0V2) is currently seeking a Family Counsellor
The purpose of this position is to provide a welcome to families, to make sales of interment rights, cemetery and funeral services, and supplies, to ensure that the administrative follow-up of the sales as well as the document management of the sales is also guaranteed.
· Greet clients and families who come to the Cemetery
· Make sales and prepare required contracts
· Make appointments and organize schedules
· Coordinate cemetery services with the maintenance team
· Answer the phone and correspondence and follow up on them
· Participate in the updating of the computerized data system to ensure efficient follow-up of sales
· Answer the phone in support of the reception if needed
· Occasionally occupy the front desk position
· High school diploma, post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
· Good knowledge of accounting
· Fluent in French, both written and spoken
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages (English and French)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of Sage 50 is an asset
· 2 years of experience in a similar field and/or 2 years of experience in customer service and sales
· Ability to demonstrate great compassion and dignity
· Ability to work alone and as part of a team
· Have good communication skills and a strong sense of customer service
· Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its teachings is an asset
NOTE: The successful candidate must be able to obtain a sales representative’s license issued by the Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO) which includes a criminal records check.
· Unionized position
· Permanent full-time position at 40 hours per week (including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
· 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (Saturdays on occasion)
As per the current collective agreement
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with your name and position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com .
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
June 9, 2023
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, applicants should make any accommodation needs known at that time.